About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Bread Pudding and Bourbon St.

The big easy: what a wonderful and happening city. I know Philadelphia is the city of “Brotherly Love” but I find New Orleans so be much more loving, friendly and caring. After looking at various plantations and other venues for my future event, I felt as if I had already worked out thanks to the hot weather and the immense perspiration on my face and back. Yummy.

The after hours are definitely the most difficult as when traveling with co-workers or friends, you cannot always make the best options for you. We went to K-Paul and even the salads were doused in calories. I tried to keep it lean and ordered buffalo frog legs and onion rings for an appetizer (with my colleagues, you are expected to have a 3-4 course meal at dinner). I did not partake of the onion rings and frog legs are not a large serving of meat, so that was alright (given the situation). AND THEN for dinner, I ordered rabbit and shrimp jambalaya. I strayed from much of the rice and basically ate the accompanying veggies and a small portion of the rabbit. For a first timer with rabbit, it was like eating schnitzel and surprisingly delicious. When I get home, I’ll have to see how lean the animal is, but it didn’t sit heavy in my stomach. For dessert, each of us ordered the three desserts available (cheesecake, bread pudding and a chocolate bundt drizzled with white chocolate). I am proud to say I had one small bite of everything and was finished.

I managed to not get stuck drinking grenades and mango daquiris on Bourbon St., nor did I have to go out with colleagues for mint juleps and gin J With a small cocktail accompanied with escargot for a midday snack, I feel pretty good all considering the fried food extravaganza that is New Orleans.
French Quarter
Overall, it was a splendid trip. My bank account was more of the glutton than myself for amazing and, naturally, MUST-HAVE Saints attire and accessories, and spending time chatting about football with the locals was remarkable. At one point, I sat on a wooden crate with some old dudes outside of the convention center for a couple hours talking about the town, its history and the departure of beloved Reggie Bush from the Saints. I think it’s important to note that EVERY person I encountered knew about the politicians in the areas from local to state, the town’s history, and its important passersby from years past. Not many towns can boast about the education of even the simplest of man living in the community and yet, bums and concierges were walking, talking tour guides. Impressive.

Workout-much much walking throughout the city became my biggest cardio. I did some minor workout at the hotel, and have therefore decided that I will workout on Sunday (my usual day off) just to keep on track and motivated.

I’ll be missing the big easy, it was such a great and memorable time-even if only for 36 hours.


Love w/ all my bum,
CH

No comments:

Post a Comment