About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, June 2, 2011

You Change Your Lifestyle When You Change Your Mind

Welcome to Heart > Bum! 


I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for a month now and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports & college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben & Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way. 


The honest to God truth:


I am a fat-ass (not a Pheonix, LOL). And no, not a fat-ass in the way where the 115 lb bombshell says that just because she is insecure and fishing for compliments and assurance. And definitely not in the way where I eat too much at one meal and merely feel like a fat ass for an hour. I am the confident fat ass. The one who is cognoscente of the fact that I once was a hottie and had sexy, established men cat calling me and find myself now cat calling the ice cream truck (that doesn't have the decency to play the classic ice cream truck songs, but rather la cucaracha and Christmas tunes). There is a sexy, sophisticated, & sometimes classy woman inside this rather squishy shell I have surrounded around me after two years of doing...you guessed it...nothing to maintain a great figure. I am the type of woman that hates running, loves team sports and cannot find the motivation to get to the gym. Now, once in the gym, that's a different story as I'll stay as long as I need to get a good work out. But actually getting there = woof. 


I have changed my mind from saying "oh well, it's okay, the people who really love me will love me at any size, etc." to "I want to be healthy, sexy, beautiful inside and out and I want this change to be permanent." I believe overall that these changes will make me a happier and better person all around. The next posts will detail my goals further as far as weight, size, etc. I'll be posting "before" pictures and will continue to update along the way. I'll try not to be disgusting forever ;)


So what will you find in this blog? My honesty. My personal opinions that will help me reach my lifestyle goals. I promise to make you laugh here and there and I definitely promise to let you know when I am human and fail instead of hide behind my computer screen and not post. 


Please comment often...good or bad. I'll use it for motivation either way. Thanks for the support and thanks for following. And we're off!


Love w/ all my bum,
CH

No comments:

Post a Comment