About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, June 30, 2011

One Month!

Wow everybody!

It's been one month today that I started on this journey. It went by fast and I can only hope that as my endurance builds and my metabolism speeds up, I'll be reflecting on a year in no time ;)
Goodbye June & Fatty Ice Cream!

This week, I was feeling rather guilty about my fitness. I overate a couple times over the weekend and then had hellacious cramps on Tuesday that did not permit me to go to the gym; however, it was great to learn that I had actually missed the gym. How about that?! I never thought I would feel that way. It's almost as if I felt guilty for bailing on a friend for cocktails and venting but in the gyms case: water and sweating. But, as I said before, if you stress yourself out too much it will prevent progress mentally as well as physically. And would you know, I STILL lost weight this week and made it underneath my personal scary zone of 200 lbs?! Can I get a woot, woot?! Month one results below:

One month breakdown:
Weight: 198.2
Percent pf Body Fat: 41.8%
BMI: 32.6
Weeks to Meet Goal: 64

Comparison to initial weigh-in:
Weight: -9.6 lbs
Percent of Body Fat: -2.5%
BMI: -1.6 points
Weeks to Meet Goal: -9 weeks

 I am under my personal obese level! And what's great is that I celebrated the RIGHT way! That's right, we didn't decide to go out for ice cream and burgers-I know it's so counter-intuitive, but you'd be amazed with how people reward themselves with junk food for losing weight. My workout pal suggested that we treat ourselves to something for reaching one month of committed workouts. Although I was somewhat hesitant because I feel like the reward is losing the weight, she helped me see the progress in my efforts and that the treat does not have to be something that is intended to keep long-term. Perfect! So we went to a Champion outlet and I got a purple top and bottom matching set. I'll tell you what........I felt like a million bucks going to the gym this morning. You know the feeling when your hair is perfect and you are wearing a power suit, ball gown, etc.? I felt the same exhilaration walking into the gym with this outfit on, sans make-up and awesome hair. Don't get me wrong, I still have a long journey to bringing sexy back, but I was amazed with how good I felt without being 'done up' in the 'normal' way. 

Have a wonderful 4th of July weekend everyone. I'll let you know how I did over the long weekend with some incredible food opportunities and pitfalls!
The top of my new gym outfit-smiles in abundance today!

Love w/ all my bum,
CH


2 comments: