About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Purging of the Snack Drawer

I thought it would be fun to share with you the 'before' and 'after' of my kitchen space! For me, making this commitment to change not only had to be with me working out, but changing the items that are around me throughout the day to tempt me into caving in. Have you ever noticed yourself eating something not because you're hungry and not even because your bored, but simply because it was there? Well, I have removed all possibilities of anything being there for me in any of the above cases.

Before

 We see that there is an abundance of sweet and salty arrangements. My largest temptation is the salty snacks. JalapeƱo chips with spicy queso to dip in = to almost die for. But not only are these not good for me, but they also feed into the whole fixation of needing to insert hand in bag, grab handful, shove in mouth, chew...repeat. Say la vie once friends of mine.

AFTER

Welcome home fresh fruits, veggies, protein filled (thus hunger reducing) nuts. I mean, doesn't the brightness of the fruit look so delish? I tried the sugar free apple sauce and it wasn't my style but that doesn't mean my dog, Guinness, won't appreciate the healthy snack. 

I must admit that my husband will be awfully sad to discover that his jerky and chips are now being gorged by coworkers in my unhealthy trap of an office kitchen, but I think he'll be quite impressed to see these changes come into our home and give us energy to do more things around the house and basically put a permanent stop to the laziness pattern that often occurs in a comfy home.

Anyways, I'm off to the gym, so there's my little installment for the day...more to come very soon!

Love w/ all my bum,
CH

1 comment:

  1. Yay! What a wonderful blog :) I'm so proud of you and delighted to be going on this journey with you. You are a brave soul, putting this all out here and I can't wait until we really start seeing the results of our healthy living! And yes, those bright fruits look DELISH :)
    Much love ~steph

    ReplyDelete