About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Another Week Down (or up if you prefer)!

Greetings Bum followers!

I think I am close to enough posts to finally go public. I implore you to share this blog with your friends, family, your facebook, etc. and invite people to 'follow' me (i.e. subscribe)! The more, the merrier!

As I go into week three I am realizing that this really is a journey for myself. There will always be people along the way to help me out and man, do I appreciate them. But when it comes to doing laps in the pool, running on a treadmill, and jogging in the community near my work, I can really only depend on myself to finish. Not only that, I'm the only one who knows if I am really pushing it to my full potential or being half-assed. It's really on me to motivate myself within the workout. And that, my friends, is tough. It's hard enough sometimes to physically make it to the gym, and quite another to go the extra mile within the workout. But no burning sensation means I'm not pushing it.

We all have seen my before pictures, dreadful as they are, but because I have this extra weight on my body I fear that my knees and ankles are more likely to get injured if I push it to the limit. With that said, I am trying to mix low and high impact workouts into the routine before I jump on the treadmill for an hour and push out a few miles. I'm really not liking doing this, but I think it's safer for me to lose a decent amount of weight before going crazy on that machine (aka my arch nemesis).

OK-so the results you've been waiting for:

Week 2 Results:
Weight: 202.2
Body fat %: 41.2
BMI: 33.2
Weeks til goal: 67


Comparison to Initial Weigh-In:
Weight loss:  5.6 lbs
Fat % loss: 3.09%
BMI: Dropped 1.0
Weeks til goal: Dropped 6 weeks

I've lost almost 6 lbs now. I know this really isn't a whole lot because anyone can do a quick diet, basically starve themselves, and lose 5 pounds in a week. BUT it's great for me because I lost it the right way AND that weight isn't coming back! Woohoo! I think I'll have a mini-victory party when I get under that ghastly 200 number. And I'll celebrate with a frozen banana wrapped with raspberry yogurt-DELISH!

I have to admit that I get anxious before each weight in. I am craving for Thursday to be here and yet scared to death when Thursday morning pops up and low and behold, I have to stand on that dreadful thing we know to be a scale. I like that I do not weigh myself everyday because I have created something to look forward to each week: scale and then reporting out to my followers on progress. I have everything to lose and yet so much more I will gain from doing this. I may be attempting to make my bum smaller, but that also coincides with making my heart bigger. I know what I need to do to make that bum of mine smaller, I think the real test will be how I make my heart bigger.

Love w/ all my bum,
CH

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you! This whole thing definitely reminds me of when the boys when Iraq. Memories. :) Well, you know I'm here for you and you will definitely bring sexy back!! When is your goal for the 10K? I'll start looking for runs we can do and it'll give us a trip to look forward to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Theresa, I know in October I'm going to do a Warrior Dash in VA. http://warriordash.com It looks like a blast and yet a LOT of work! Not sure how long it will take for me to work up to a 10K but I'm thinking by next late Spring would be a good target time frame :)

    ReplyDelete