About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, June 9, 2011

One Week-Sneak a Peak

I'm down one week and would you know, it feels like it's been a month into this new routine! I am so far adjusting pretty well. My weakest moments are, naturally, at home in the late evening when I want to munch in front of the television and veg out. Fortunately, I've been doing exactly just that-VEGGING out. Carrots have been my friend this week. A few here and there help keep me feeling full. And I don't feel guilty eating them (and sharing some with Guinness, my pooch). 

So here are the results of one week of working out-it looks like I am on the right track so far!

Week 1 Results:
Weight: 205.0
Body fat %: 41.3
BMI: 33.7
Weeks til goal: 70 weeks

Comparison to Initial Weigh-In:
Weight loss: 2.8 lbs
Fat % loss: .89%
Weeks til goal: Dropped 3 weeks

Yay! Almost three pounds lost this week. That's healthy and honestly, better than expected. I guess I thought that it would take a few weeks to have any drop in weight. However, I am still MILES away from "feeling" skinnier. I must admit that my energy level feels much better than last week when I wasn't doing anything to help myself be healthy and fit. 

Once I get into a consistent routine for my workouts, I'll make sure to share the nitty-gritty details. At this point, I am not pushing it too hard so I don't get a strain or injury related to my workouts. Let's face it, there is more weight on my knees, feet, etc and it's going to take muscle strength and time before my body can handle a strenuous workout that's 110% hardcore. Know what I mean? 

I will share what I did this week: At work, instead of a smoke break, I walk 4 stories of stairs in my bldg 5 times. At lunch, I do an hour of low intensity cardio (walk a few miles, bike 10 miles, etc.). Then after work, I go to the gym and do more cardio and weight train every other day OR I do an hour long class that focuses on cardio (zumba, sh'bam, aqua fit). 

I am so happy that one week is down. It takes 90 days to get into a routine and I am that much closer to changing my life :)

Love with all my bum,
CH

No comments:

Post a Comment