About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oh Thank Heaven, Week 7

I have a confession to make. On the Sunday following my journey to San Francisco I weighed myself. I felt embarrassed and didn't want to share that on that trip I had gained 2 pounds. I know it sounds so minor but at the same time, when you are trying to lose a pound or two every week, gaining 2 is as if I threw away an entire week of hard work and determination. As you read on my last post, I had already gained .6 lbs from the previous week and felt like it really wasn't anything to scoff over. But I knew I had been pretty unhealthy in San Fran. 


This week, I was determined to do it right. I stayed on schedule and made all of my dinners and made pretty healthy choices. My energy level peaked back and I felt the difference a few days makes. So when it came to weigh day, I figured that the scale wouldn't have much fluctuation but inside, I knew and felt I was healthier than last week. And wouldn't you know, I actually lost the extra 2 lbs plus an additional 1! Results below!


Week 7 Results:
Weight: 195
Body Fat %: 42%
BMI: 32
Water weight %: 42.3%
Weeks til goal: 60

Comparison to Initial Weigh In:
Weight loss: -12.8 lbs
Percent of Body Fat: -2.3%
BMI: -2.2
Water Weight: +1.4%
Weeks dropped: -13 (ahead of schedule by 7 weeks!)


I'm just a touch under losing 13 lbs. Determination this week is what made me a winner and I'm 7 pounds away from reaching another milestone goal of losing 20 lbs and being considered to myself "serious" about being fit permanently. Speaking of goals, I have decided on 2 more mini goals that I'd like to share. One is a vanity goal and the other is a fitness goal. 

Vanity Goal:
I am going to get my bum in a beautiful dress and attend the Marine Corps Birthday Ball (Nov. 12)


Last year, I did not attend because I did not feel comfortable getting dolled up at the weight I was.
This year, I AM going because I WILL reach this goal: I would like to be in a size 10-12 dress. It seems realistic and would be fantastic. A tough goal, but it would be so worth buying a gorgeous dress I feel fantastic in. I think I need to lose 20-30 lbs to get in that size in 4 months. I'm guesstimating this, so hopefully I'm right on target. Sizing depends on how/where you carry your weight, so we'll see. I've lost close to 15 lbs in 2 months (fingers crossed I'll reach 15 lbs next week) and in keeping with this I would drop 30 lbs in 4 months (give or take) and be around 165 lbs total. Wow-that sounds nice! 

Oh and by the way, Justin Timberlake accepted an invitation to attend with a female-marine from my hubby's battalion. So yea, I'll be there no matter what.
I'll thank him for making Bringin' Sexy Back for my motivation theme song!


Fitness Goal:
I am going to complete a Warrior Dash!
The Warrior Dash in Virginia is slated for October 1st.
It is a 5k obstacle course of craziness in Charles City, Va (just south east from Richmond).
To get the real feel of what a Warrior Dash is check out this rockin video:
It's mud, fire, running and success! Click here for my specific course map and details on the obstacles I will face. 
In order to complete this, I need to get into some major cardio and definitely MEGA-endurance to complete the run. But I have the mindset I am going to do this, so that's step one. I'm trying to confirm if my hubby will be available to do the run with me-or at least get a fan to watch! I could definitely use all the support I can to do this so if you are in the area, or planning to be-please let me know and come run or come cheer!

That's all for now. Have a healthy week fellow bum followers! I appreciate all your feedback and support!


Love w/ all my bum,
CH

1 comment: