About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Week 6 (pick up stix)

This week was not the greatest week of all as far as weight training and exercise goes; however, it was a mouth orgasm of farm-fresh, organic and local eats in San Francisco.



I had a business trip from Wed-Fri and thus weighed myself on Wednesday instead of my usual Thursday. I gained .6 of a lb. Nothing to scoff at but it was a little kick to my morale. Although, I did manage to sneak in a run and a dvd workout whilst I ventured the West Coast again, I know I was bad overall on portion and control of what I ate. As event planning goes, tastings are required and so are the multiple courses for days at a time. Very tough stuff-especially when the food is delectable. I tried to walk as much as I could, but In-and-Out would fight and win that battle as would clam chowder bowls and things that are only accessible in my home state. To make progress even farther reaching, time change and jet lag did not permit work-outs this weekend and I feel like mush all over. For the last couple of weeks there has been one day a week (on top of my off day) that ‘something’ comes up and I don’t work out. I cannot make this a habit.
5 Guys has nothing on In-N-Out

Having come back from a foodie mini-nation, I felt inspired to make some delicious, low cal foods. On Sunday, I made an arugula salad with balsamic vinagarette, filet mignon (healthier red meat choice), white asparagus (Spargel as I know it to be)  and petite boiled red potatoes. Amazing. Then for the sweet tooth in us all, I made homemade, berry filled crepes with light vanilla custard filling. Mouth-watering is definitely the correct verbiage when now thinking of the treat.
Custard and Berry Filled Crepe

Next week, I will venture to The Big Easy (New Orleans Saints Nation-i.e. my fan-version of Mecca) for business again and am hoping to get in more work out time than I did in San Francisco. I don’t want to let what happened in San Fran happen again so I am going to do my best to blog each day that I am out there for accountability sake. Wish me luck and I’ll touch base here soon enough!



Week 5 Results:
Weight: 196.6
Body fat %: 42.4
BMI: 32.3
Weeks til goal: 62 weeks

Initial Weigh In:
Weight Day One: dropped 10.4 lbs (uh-oh)
Percent of Body Fat: +.4%
BMI: -2%
Weeks to Meet Goal: -11 weeks

Anyways, I am off to Sh’Bam to dance these calories away!

Love w/ all my bum,
CH

3 comments:

  1. I am so with you on In-N-Out! I don't think I could visit Cali without a trip to the best fast food burger joint EVER. haha And your crepe looks absolutely delish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eat.Run. I wish those delicious burgers were cal-free! The crepe was pretty good and not a huge waist-line impact. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is the reciepe for the crepes? How many calories? They look amazing!

    Vacation is always hard! You are amazing! Love you and your blog

    ReplyDelete