About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Week 10-WOOP

Hello week 10!

It looks like this week has been pretty eventful and fun. I must admit that I am starting to look forward to fall with crispier days and the opportunity for homemade chili. I'm going to jump right into the results and then tell you what I was up to this week and how I succeeded and failed.

Results Week 10
Weight: 190.8
Body Fat %: 41.3%
BMI: 31.4
Water Weight %: 42.8 %
Week to meet goal: 56

Comparison to Day One:
Weight Day One: -17 lbs
Percent of Body Fat: -3%
BMI: -2.8
Water Weight: +2.2%
Weeks to Meet Goal: -17 (7 weeks ahead of schedule)

I am almost to my 'serious' goal with losing 20 lbs. I have a mini goal this week to bust my bum as much as possible and reach that goal ASAP. I did lose a couple lbs this week and appears I am on the right course to making these permanent changes. 

It's still difficult for me to see my BMI this high. After all this time, I am still considered obese. I guess mentally, I was thinking that number would drop MUCH faster. But, on a positive note, I am 7 weeks ahead of schedule so that's great. And in doing the math, I will reach my weight loss goal of 135 lbs the week of my 2nd Anniversary, if not sooner. So basically, I am a year out. However, if I continue to lose 2 lbs every week that would leave me with 27.5 weeks left to go and I'd reach my goal by February 16th. Wow, doesn't that sound so much better?! February seems closer than you might think and definitely more feasible mentally than September 2012.

This week, I went to a orchard with husband in tow and we hand picked two pecks of summer peaches. At less than a $1.00 a pound, we we thrilled to acquire these treats.

Hartland Orchard


They are now in my kitchen and the entire house smells of a farmer's market. They taste infinitely better than store bought peaches and actually hold up longer before getting mealy. 

Our collection of treats!
On Saturday, we had the pleasure of doing an exclusive wine tasting at Naked Mountain Vineyards. First of all, you HAVE to love the name!

Secondly, kudos to my husband for arranging the evening of fine wine, a picnic dinner to accompany the complimentary bottle and gazing at the stars. Although the weather didn't hold up, we got to sit under a gazebo with candles all around and listen to the rain while we ate and sipped. Even more beautiful was watching the storms surrounding the mountains in the distance. 

Gorgeous view


Knowing that I met my quota on drinking for the week, I refrained from alcohol for the rest of that week and will do so this week as well. 

All in all, it was a great week. I can wish for more pounds off, but all in good time. Off to Spin Class!

I'm a maniac, maniac!
Love w/ all my bum,
CH

No comments:

Post a Comment