About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Leavening My Life: Week 11 Monument Moments

Leaven (verb): an element that produces an altering or transforming influence.


Exercise and eating right is my 'leaven.' It alters my weight and transforms my energy levels. I feel  better, healthier and more fit than I've been in 3 years. What a fantastic feeling it is to know you are changing and it's a good thing?! 


This week is a H-U-G-E week for me. Kind of one of my monument moments. This week I had acquaintances and co-workers notice the changes I've made to my life. Almost each day this week someone else asked me if I've lost weight! How great is that? And all the people that noticed did not know I was working out or trying to get fit. Ahh, it feels good. Have you ever really worked hard at something and then you keep waiting for someone to notice and NO ONE does? I've felt that way here and there about this process because I feel the change, but nothing has outwardly shown a difference. Sure, my clothes are a smidgen looser but generally you see the same people on a regular basis. Naturally, my husband doesn't notice any difference yet because he sees me every day. I don't notice that much because I'm in the thick of it-struggling one minute and confident the next. But this week was a great affirmation to the work I've been busting my bum on to have other people notice and comment about it.


Another monument for me this week is my losing TWENTY pounds! Yeppers, I have reached that mental goal. It's official that I am serious about this 'get fit' business. And it's great that I am still in month 3 while reaching that goal. So far, I have been consistent in losing approx. 2 lbs per week. This is the way to do it. There's no yo-yo bouncing of the weight and even 2 menstrual cycles did not throw it off which frankly, I think is pretty remarkable. So here's week 11's results below:



Week 11 Results
Weight: 187.6
Body Fat Percentage: 40.8%
BMI: 30.8
Water Weight %: 43.2% 
Weeks til Goal: 53 weeks 

Comparison to Day 1
Weight Day One: -20.2 lbs WOOOOOHOOOOO 
Percent of Body Fat: -3.5%
BMI: -3.4
Water Weight: +3%
Weeks to Meet Goal: -20 (9 weeks ahead of schedule)

I am merely points away from being out of the obesity range. How nice it will be for me to mentally know that I am no longer obese, but just overweight. For some reason it takes the scary out of the situation...but definitely not the determination. 

This morning I did a Zumba class and will be hitting up my weight training with TNT Fitness. I feel a pep in my step today overall----probably because I'm 20 lbs lighter :)

Here's to continuing leavening myself! Onto the next phase of my transformation: habit forming. I'm so close to 90 days!

Love w/ all my bum,
CH

No comments:

Post a Comment