About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Week 27-Holidays are almost here

With the holidays just around the corner, I thought I'd use this post to talk about ways to trick yourself into not eating EVERY option placed before you at holiday parties. With all the smells and bells, it's probably the most difficult time of the year to not snack. On average, Americans gain 1-2 pounds over the holidays. The problem is that many people never work it off but simply add to their weight. Let's work on preventing that.

Alcohol: Limit yourself. Try drinking a glass of water before you consume any beverage and have another glass of water afterwards. This will make your stomach feel full faster as well as balance out the dehydration properties of alcohol. Also, try grabbing a glass of wine and enjoying the flavor by nursing it for awhile instead of taking shots or drinking fruity cocktails that taste so good, it's like drinking flavored water. 

Working out: Try to get in a workout a few hours before the party. That way, health is already on your mind and you will be less likely to blow the popsicle stand when you just spent all this effort trying to shed calories. Also, make a plan for your workout the next day in the morning. This will help aid in you not going to sleep too late and staying out later to drink.

Nibbles: You know I advocate bringing your own snacks and having that while others gorge on cheeseballs, fried finger foods, fudge, etc. I also advocate bringing a healthy option hor d'ouerve. With so many healthier options out there, make one less temptation for yourself and others by bringing something guilt-free. Trust me, people will honestly appreciate having a healthy choice. 

The meal: If your meal is buffet style, start 1st with veggies & salads. Make it almost uncomfortably tight for your mac & cheese to sneak it's way all over your tray. Limit yourself to one plate and allow yourself 2nds only in the healthy options. Try to sit far away form the buffet line and also try to sit with people you know are either picky eaters or working on a healthier lifestyle too. It helps when you aren't sitting next to people that go back for 3rds. If there is a kid's size plate-try that 1st. Planning on having dessert too? Eat slower and cut that pie slice at least in half. Trust me, you'll thank me later. Don't forget that just with the alcohol, drink as much water as possible in between food types and you'll feel fuller faster and will eat less. Served dinners are usually easy to monitor, so just take your time and you should be fine.

So onto the weigh-in this week:
Weight Day One: 207.8
Percent of Body Fat: 44.3%
BMI: 34.2
Water Weight: 40.6%
Weeks to Meet Goal: 73

Weight Today: 167.8
Percent of Body Fat: 35.6%
BMI: 27.6
Water Weight: 47%
Weeks to Meet Goal: 33

I gained a pound this week but I am actually ok with that. I busted my bum in the gym right after weighing in this morning and I felt like I pushed it extra hard so as to start this next week out better. As the holidays near, I am also going to try to get in as much extra gym time as possible so that I won't guilt myself on days that too many functions prevent me from getting in a run or gym.

And, as promised, a few shots of my facial weight loss progress!

June 2011
December 2011


Holy Crapola! Do you see how HUGE and PLUMPY my face was?! WHOA WHOA WHOA. It's crazy to see them next to each other. Well, there is progress if I ever saw it :) And look, I have chin curves as in, you can see my chin and it's bone structure. I seriously cannot believe I was such a jiggly-puff. It's one thing when you avoid mirrors and you get this 'vision' of how you think you look (it's all in perspective) but seeing the change point blank is eye opening. I'm so proud of how far I've come but I am also embarrassed that I let myself get like that to begin with. Ahh, how nice it is to say goodbye to that person I no longer recognize or identify with.


Feel free to post some before/after shots in the comments-or email them to me-I would LOVE to highlight you and your successes!!

Have a wonderful & healthy week!

Love w/ all my bum,
CH

1 comment:

  1. Huge difference in your eyes too, which makes you look younger.

    ReplyDelete