About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, December 22, 2011

28 Weeks. Picture Day!

If pictures could say a thousand words, than my before pictures are screaming and begging for help. It actually saddens me to see how I truly let myself go. I thought that taking the updated pictures would not show that much of a difference. I mean, I still feel vulnerable taking them, I still am self-conscious about my weight, but good Lord am I in such a different place mentally and physically taking them. If my pictures today could speak, they would let out one huge hell of a sigh of relief. My bones are thanking me, my joints are squeaky clean, and my skin is trying to do me a favor and tighten up as much as possible. This week, although I did weigh myself, I am going to let the pictures speak for me about my weigh in. I think about the rough month on October, when I felt nothing was really changing. And then I look to the huge month I had in November, where my body finally caught up to the weight loss in a good way. I still feel a little awkward about people asking me about my progress, like a microscope is being put on various parts of my body, but then I realized, these people are asking ME for ADVICE on how to do it! WOW. I am now recommending to them to read my blog. :) The 1st question is always 'what's your diet' and my response is 'living a healthy lifestyle without dieting.' 

Anyways, there's my little tidbit...now onto the main event for the week...PICTURES (not w/ santa haha). And, as promised, sans makeup and sans sucking in!

Before:

6 months later (front):
Well, the front shots are definitely a slimmer version of me. I couldn't decide which picture showed best, so you get both.


Side shot before:

 6 months later (side):

Ok, in my opinion, this side shot shows the most progress. I actually want to cry when I look at the before shot, but truth hurts. And look how far I've come with that truth. Now my truth is so much better.
Back shot before: 

Back shot 6 months later:

Look at my arms-mucho bettero. And a few rolls are missing. I won't be missing those!

Overall, I am happy and pleased going into Christmas. I'll be snowboarding, hiking, and sledding over the holidays in the Rockies so I'm hoping to not gain anything over the break and at least stay where I'm currently at. Sound good? Yep!

Have a very Merry Christmas everyone. And please stay fit & stay healthy over the holidays. It's not worth the guilt afterwards!

Love w/ ALLLLL of my bum,
CH

p.s. weigh-in: what do you think of my 6 month pictures compared to my 1st day? What do you notice that I might not?

1 comment: