About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Week 16 update

Last week, I was a total goober and did not blog. I did, however, gain 2 lbs that week so maybe that minor humiliation planted a seed into my head not to blog. Ha! In actuality, I was on a mini vacation to Cedar Point amusement park in Ohio. And boy did I work up a HUGE appetite there from all the walking between 11am and 1am. WOW! I was certain this week I was going to gain weight. Thankfully, I did not and I lost not only those extra two pounds, but an additional 2. My suggestions for long weekends is to pack healthy snacks for the road, drink plenty of water and do not eat fast food along the way! On top of all the walking I did at the park, I got up early one morning and went for a brisk run. It wasn't much and I didn't push myself incredibly hard, but it is far better than doing nothing. It also set the tone for my day in that I began it healthy, so I don't want to ruin it with funnel cake and corn dogs. All in all, I'd say I had a fantastic week and was a lucky gal. 
Incredible views of Lake Erie atop the world's mecca for coaster junkies

So let's go ahead and get to the numbers for this week:

Week 16 results

Weight week 16: 180.6
Percent of Body Fat: 39.4%
BMI: 29.7
Water Weight: 44.2%
Weeks to Meet Goal: 46


Initial Comparison

Total weight loss: -27.2 lbs
Percent of Body Fat loss: -4.9%
BMI points lost: -4.5 pts
Water Weight: +3.6%
Weeks left: -27 weeks

Like I said, not too shabby. There have been a few weeks where nothing has progressed, but then again, weight or not, my body is changing and being able to fit into things I haven't wore in years so that is a bonus! Besides, it's not always about the number, but the way you feel in your skin-right? It looks like I'm very close to losing 30 lbs and that, my friends, will be such a great day for me. And I'll be just shy of my half way point. I believe I mentioned in earlier posts that I am hoping to shed 10 more pounds for that Marine Corps ball so I need a motivation boost and to get on myself that much more. Wish me luck!


Looking forward, this Saturday, I will be doing my Warrior Dash. Training and completing this race was one of my mini-goals along the route of being healthy forever, and while I am nervous about the actual race, I couldn't be more excited that I have come this far in my workout routine that the week is here. 16 weeks people, I think I am well on my way to concreting this lifestyle change. 

Hopefully, I'll be joining this guy in the ranks of warriors, but I promise to let you all know how it goes after the run with hopefully some bad assery pictures to share of me from the event!

May the mud, sweat and beer be my treasure!

Love w/ all my bum,
CH

No comments:

Post a Comment