About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, September 8, 2011

3 months!

It's been three months and I am in the groove of things. I have already had some goals reached and have many more to go. I have failed in some ways, and flourished in others. All in all, I think I have succeeded so far in what I have set out to do...make my bum smaller!

This week comes in without the BANG! and POW! I was hoping (i.e. more weight loss), but it is a celebration of changing some of my habits and replacing them with healthier ones. So let's jump right into my week 14 results comparing to that horrific initial weigh in:

Weight Day One: 207.8 vs today: 187.6 (20.2 lbs lost)
Percent of Body Fat: 44.3% vs today: 39.9% (-4.4% body fat loss)
BMI: 34.2 vs today: 30.8 (-3.4 pts)
Water Weight: 40.6% vs today: 43.8%
Weeks to Meet Goal: 73 vs today: 53 weeks


I admit that I wish there were more dramatic changes occurring, but I also look forward to remembering these difficult times and being proud of pushing through it instead of letting me become a "should"er and excuse myself. I have made many errors throughout these 3 months of missing extra days of workouts and eating worse than I should from time to time, but overall these changes have also led me to lose twenty lbs and even more importantly, stop me from gaining additional weight this summer. Had I not made any changes to my life, I guarantee that I would have gained at least another 10 lbs over the summer and I would've been 217 lbs by now. 

When I reach mini-goals or timeline goals, I usually reward myself. I usually do this by getting another workout item. But I think that perhaps I was raised to overly praise myself when things are good, and shrug it off when things aren't as good as expected. 


That comic says it all. If you reward yourself too much, then what's the point? Rewards are about big goals being reached, etc. This month, I will not reward myself w/ a goody. I will reward myself with more determination in my cause. I have my Warrior Dash to train for and I'm going to need every ounce of energy put towards getting my endurance and distance running up. My goal for September is to get prepared for the Oct. 1st run. In October, my goal is to keep up that level of training and utilize that umpf to continue pushing myself into a tinier waistline for the Marine Corps Ball mid-November. My reward will be shopping for the perfect dress to bring a mini-sexy back. I know I will not be at my target weight by November, but I sure as shoot better be around the half way mark! I'm hoping to have lost 10-15 lbs by then putting me around 172. I want to get there and I would be almost right on the mark of half way! Just thinking of that, and doing it in 2 months makes my insides tingle with excitement.

My workout buddy, Stephanie, suggested that it might be time for some more bikini pictures to show you all the progress my body has been making, not just the numbers. Even though I cannot bare the thought of putting on another bikini for exposure sake, stay tuned for those. They couldn't possibly be worse than the "Goals or Ghouls" post! 

Thanks for your continued support Bum followers.

Love w/ all my bum,
CH

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see the pictures and the changes you have made. I'm so proud of you!

    Keep up the training for the race.

    I can't wait to see the what dress you pick for the ball. You are going to look beautiful.

    Here is to the skinny Vicki's girls!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jen: I'm dreading taking more pictures in a bikini. But all for the blog, right? I've hidden my bikini's so good, I can't even find the top to the one I originally took my 'before' pics in. Woof!

    ReplyDelete