About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Fat Tuesday is really just that...week 37

Fat Tuesday. Another day people around the world over-indulge before 'some' people give up items and goodies for Lent. For those not giving anything up, the day is simply another excuse to not feel bad for gorging.

To me, Fat Tuesday is just like any other holiday; we excuse ourselves from healthy responsibility. We turn our backs on our 'diets' and allow ourselves to cheat. But how about looking at Fat Tuesday similarly to how many people approach a diet or new food regime? Have you ever decided to go on a diet or fitness kick, set a date, and then eat everything out of your house before you actually start? You tackle the ice cream, the gummi bears and chips thinking "one last feast before it's over." Why, oh why, do we have to 'break up' with our food habits by having one last go around? It makes just as much sense (i.e. none) to have one last rendezvous with a forbidden lover. What I'm getting at is-THE DAMAGE IS ALREADY DONE. One more time makes it that much more difficult to fight yourself out of the prison of your body. We need more control in our lives, right? Yet we cannot control what we eat?! It's ludicrous.

So what can we do? Before approaching a new fitness regime, etc. don't psyche yourself out before you even start.......is it really going to be the last time you eat a burger and fries? No. So don't act like it is and make sure you eat it before you start. Just start the journey and allow yourself some breathing room. You are not going to be perfect always and that's not a realistic goal. I say, dump the junk all at once instead of feasting on it 'to get it out of your house without wasting it.' Don't allow yourself to stock up an emergency stash. Take it all into the workplace or your friends and think nothing more of it. That way, when you do have it, it's a one time treat and not an indulgence.  

This week was not a huge week for me, but I will proudly & anxiously say that I did sign up for an all women's 1/2 marathon. My training officially starts the week of St. Patty's and I'm using this month to get focused, get regimented, and start to build that endurance back up.

So onto my weigh in:

Weight: 175.6 (ouch)
Body Fat %: 37.8 %
BMI: 28.8
Weeks til goal: 41

Ouch is all I can really say. I've GOT to get my cardio back up and I've got to stop eating more portions than I should. I want to hit 50 lbs weight loss sooner than later and I have a mental goal of getting somewhat bikini friendly by the summer.

Going back to Fat Tuesday and the 40 days of lent. Whether you are Christian or not,it wouldn't hurt for you to use these 40 days as a means of self-discovery. A lot of us out there are putting ourselves to the test so you'll have a lot more emphatic friends out there if you make a fitness goal for yourself for those days. Imagine the habits you could form in 40 days. Try making a promise to yourself to go for a long walk each day, no matter the weather. Enjoy and appreciate nature while you are at it. Think about the people who live in these conditions without the shelter of a home. Promise yourself to run a mile every day. You'd be surprised how one mile in a months time goes from "Holy shit, I can barely breathe" to "hmm, a mile? Maybe I can do more." I implore you to try something new for 40 days or to give up something that will make you more fit (i.e. sodas, cigarettes, beer, etc.). Give it a try. Let me know how it goes. Share with your friends so they can hold you accountable. You can do it.


Love w/ all my bum,
CH

p.s. A special shout out to my friend, Anna, who jumped on the treadmill this week. I couldn't be happier for you! Keep going rock star-we'll be doing a 5K together in NO TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment