About Me

My photo
I'm going to jump right into it. I intend to change my lifestyle. That change starts with my fitness. I've been mentally preparing for this change for awhile and this is one avenue for me reaching my goals. This blog is for the once beautifully fit who let it slip away when adulthood kicked in and team sports + college went away. It's about bringing sexy back and I'll detail ALL the ups and downs, struggles, embarrassment, humor, etc. that it takes for me to change my lifestyle. I am accountable to myself, my husband, and YOU readers to succeed. If I inspire ONE person beyond myself to become more active than putting the spoon of Ben + Jerry's in/out of their mouth, then I have succeeded in more than one way.

Popular Posts

Thursday, March 15, 2012

The Bucket List

 Welcome to a new week of my version of Springtime! We have been having gorgeous weather in Virginia and I honestly could not wait to take advantage of this weather, so I got my bum up early this morning so I could run around a beautiful lake near my house. The sounds, smells, and fresh air made me realize how blessed I am. In the big picture, some people cannot run and yet there are times I excuse myself from it. For the most part, I am injury free, have all my limbs and am able bodied. That in and of itself is worth getting your bum outside and active. 

New on the docket this week is that my half marathon training kicks off this week. It's a slow progression 12 week program where essentially I add an extra mile onto my Saturday runs and gradually increase my weeklies. What feels amazing is that in a January post "Ringing in 2012 without the Bells, Whistles, & Shenanigans" I spoke of goals I wanted to accomplish in the next few months. I am happy to report that I have accomplished all of them! My self-doubt had me fooled in that I was just writing them as an example, but rather, I wanted to do these things but for whatever reason didn't think I was going to do it. But I did and that's always a proud moment. 

Other new news (hahaha) is that this week I made a "fitness bucket list." I encourage all you bum followers to do the same. A bucket list is a list of things you want to do before you die. In this case, a list of fitness related activities and goals you want to do before you 'kick the bucket.' Here's what mine looks like:

Nothing too fancy, but what's more important are those slips hanging out!
I drew a bucket and then, in a word doc, I typed out some items that I want to do in my fitness lifetime. Of course, this is a non-exhaustive list, but I added about 20 to get me started. Here's what I have so far:
 Run a half marathon
 Run a marathon
 Run a race at the beach
 Run a race in another country
Bench press my weight
Do 10 unassisted pull ups
Get to 135 lbs
Get to the 120s again

Maintain my weight goal for a year

Fit into size 8 pants

Fit into size 6 pants
Witness my own musculature in the mirror


Bike 20 miles again

Run the DC monuments 

Learn to kayak

Go white water rafting again

Rock Climb a wall and don’t stop til I get to the top

Do a ropes course
Do husband's military obstacle course
Do a set of one armed push ups

Learn and hold one crazy yoga position (like feet over my head while propped on my forearms)

After compiling this brief list, I wrote a reward related or matching the level of the goal on the back of each paper (ranging from personal pride, buy a new workout outfit, get a massage, shopping spree, to a weekend getaway with gal pals). If this does not motivate you, I'm not sure what will! Let yourself dream the seemingly impossible. You'd be surprised when you reach that goal you set years ago. 

Onto the weigh-in!



Weight Day One: 207.8
Percent of Body Fat: 44.3%
BMI: 34.2
Water Weight: 40.6%
Weeks to Meet Goal: 73

Weight Today: 169.4
Percent of Body Fat: 37.6%
BMI: 27.8
Water Weight: 45.5%
Weeks to Meet Goal: 34

Last week I was a green monster for having not lost any weight. this week I lost 3.2 lbs! So I am happy again :)  It's always a boost to see your scale drop some numbers off. 

Get out there, be thankful for your health and go get active and enjoy the springtime weather! And if March is bringing you showers, dance in the rain or take the time to make your own fitness bucket list!


Love w/ all my bum,
CH

1 comment: